Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
In our current “Shelter in Place” environment, let’s look in the frig and in the pantry and see what tasty meals we can create. Most everyone has tortillas on hand, so lets make some wraps! I had grilled chicken strips in the freezer, and a bag of chopped salad mix, so I created this wrap. Within the recipe, I offer suggestions for other items that may be used if you have them on hand.
- Tortillas – one or two per person (I used flour tortillas)
- Frozen grilled chicken strips, thawed (you can also leftover pork roast, cooked shrimp, leftover roast beef, or make it vegetarian)
- chopped salad mix OR coleslaw mix OR chop your own lettuce/scallions etc.
- Shredded carrots (optional)
- Shredded cheddar or other cheese
- Chopped tomatoes (optional)
- Ranch dressing (I used avocado ranch)
- Lay tortilla on a flat surface. Spread the chopped salad or similar down the middle. Take care not to overstuff the wrap you are about to create.
- Place the chicken or other protein on top of the greens.
- Sprinkle shredded carrots, cheese , and/or tomatoes on top of the protein.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing over the filling.
- Make the wrap – fold the two sides toward the center, then tuck the two ends inside, and finish the wrap. Place it seam side down, and cut in half if you’d like.
- Its a wrap!
If you don’t get the hang of how to wrap a wrap, or you just want to stuff that puppy as full as you can, no problem! Just roll it up like a taco. It will still taste delicious!
- Category: pantry friendly, leftovers
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: wraps, sandwiches, pantry friendly, leftovers, lunch
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.