Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
My hubby loves breakfast seven days a week. I felt the need to find alternatives to simply frying a couple of eggs. I’ve always loved the breakfast casseroles we did as a group, they always served eight or more. So here’s an option for two, easy and delicious! Also, you can use up leftovers in the meat/cheese drawer, lots of alternatives for this baby.
I use a little casserole dish I found at TJ Maxx. Look for something similar at your local TJ Maxx, Marshalls or similar, or use a small oven safe vessel of your choice.
- One slice bread of your choice – trim to fit the baking dish if necessary
- four large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ham, smoked sausage or similar meat, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice, use leftovers!)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- chopped spring onions (optional)
- Use vegetable oil spray to coat the cute little baking dish you’ve selected for this meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place slice of bread at the bottom of the baking dish. Trim the bread to fit if necessary
- Place the ham, sausage, or meat of your choice, choppped/sliced, on top of the bread slice
- Pour the beaten eggs on top of the meat and bread.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top of the mixture.
- Optional: sprinkle chopped spring onions on top
- Place in the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes, until top is browned
- Remove from oven, let set for a minute, then dive in and enjoy!
The beauty of this is that you can do it any day of the week , and you can change up the meat and the cheese, or just use up leftover polish sausage, grated cheese of any variety, etc. You do have to plan on that 30 minute bake time, so play Words with Friends while you wait for it to finish 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: breakfast, breakfast casserole
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: Breakfast, breakfast casserole, quick and easy, eggs
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.