Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Soup Mix Mushroom Skillet Pork Chops
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
A quick and delicious way to prepare pork chops on the stove top. I recommend using the thin cut, bone in pork chops. The thick cut takes so much longer on the stove top and could get tough.
- 2–4 thin cut bone in loin pork chops
- 1 package onion soup mix (or onion mushroom soup mix)
- 1 Tbl flour
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbl vegetable oil
- 1 cup (approx) water (add another 1/4 cup if the sauce seems a bit thin)
- Pat the pork chops dry. In a small bowl, mix the flour and the onion soup mix. Press the pork chops into the soup/flour mixture and shake off the excess. Heat the oil in a heavy pan. Brown the pork chops on both sides, then remove from the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and allow them to saute for about 8 minutes, until they release their juices and are a bit tender.
- Add the rest of the flour/soup mix and the water to the pan, and stir constantly for a few minutes, creating a sauce.
- Place the pork chops back in the pan and snuggle them into the sauce. Cook for about five more minutes, turning the chops over once. Cook a bit longer if you prefer more well done chops, but be careful not to let them get tough!
This was easy and so tasty! It will be showing up on our table again. I used a cast iron pan for this recipe. I hope you enjoy it. It was fun to make!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pork chops, pantry friendly, fast and easy, pork, soup mix
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.