Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Not only easy, this side dish cooks very quickly and is both healthy and delicious! (Don’t let the healthy part scare you). Always use baby spinach, it has a more tender flavor.
- Fresh baby spinach (5 or 6 oz bag)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, approx 2 TBL
- Chicken broth (or broth of your choice), 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp minced garlic, or garlic powder to taste
- Pepper to taste (no need for salt unless you use low sodium broth)
- Heat the olive oil over low heat in a medium to large saute pan.
- Add the garlic and allow the flavor to meld with the oil.
- Add the broth and allow it to heat for a minute.
- Add all the spinach (no need to remove stems). Carefully toss the spinach in the pan, taking care that it doesn’t spill out. It will cook down quickly.
- As soon as the spinach has cooked down, remove it from the heat, sprinkle the optional pepper on it, and enjoy!
I like to serve this side dish with lamb chops, or fish fillets, or steaks. It goes well next to most anything.
Variation: Add mushrooms! Sautee the mushrooms in the garlic infused evoo (you’ll have to add more oil, as the mushrooms soak it up). When the mushrooms are done, remove them to a plate and continue the process for the spinach. Add the mushrooms back in when the spinach is done. You can also sprinkle the dish with parmesan cheese. Yum!
- Category: side dish
- Method: saute
Keywords: spinach, saute, sauteed spinach, side dish, vegetable
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.