Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Don’t you just love a recipe that requires only five ingredients and still tastes delicious! Enjoy this cake throughout the Holidays.
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can Pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
OPTIONAL MAPLE CREAM FROSTING:
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds to blend, then on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a bundt cake pan that has been well greased.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes.
- Cool completely before flipping and removing cake.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or frost with maple cream cheese frosting
- Blend butter and cream cheese on low speed. Add maple syrup and blend well. Slowly add powdered sugar, beating after each addition until well blended.
You can make two cakes (great for a smaller household like mine) by dividing the batter between two 8×8 square pans, or make a layer cake using the frosting by dividing the batter between 2 round cake pans. Cut the baking time to 25-30 minutes. Be sure to grease the pans well. I did not flour the pan and it turned out just fine.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American, Holiday
Keywords: cake mix, cake, spice cake, pumpkin spice cake, quick and easy, dessert, easy dessert
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.