This is an adaptation of the Heavenly Halibut recipe I came across on Allrecipes. I think this is a better way to ensure that the delicious Halibut meat cooks evenly, and the Swiss cheese adds a nice flavor that does not overpower the delicate meat. Hubby loved it!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: seafood
- Method: bake/broil
- Cuisine: American
- 1 lb Halibut fillet, skin on (it will be a long thin piece of fish, as Halibut is a HUGE fish!)
- 1/2 c grated Swiss cheese
- 2 T butter, softened
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 2–3 T lemon juice
- 3 T chopped scallions
- 1/4 t Michigan Made Miracle Blend (or salt)
- 2–3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the swiss cheese, butter, mayo, lemon juice, scallions, salt & hot pepper sauce in a small bowl.
- Place the fish, skin down, in a small oblong baking dish and sprinkle with Miracle Blend.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and turn the oven broiler on.
- Pour the swiss cheese sauce over the fish and place under the broiler.
- Broil until the top bubbles and has turned a light golden brown. Remove and enjoy!
The sauce that surrounds the fish will probably burn and make for a more difficult clean up. You may consider using a disposable aluminum pan within a glass baking pan, or on a cookie sheet. I have not yet tried parchment paper, that may be another option.