Wow, awesome weeknight meal…Son in Law Nick grilled chiicken breasts that he seasoned with garlic and parmesan. In my version I had chicken tenders to use so I sauteed them with italian seasoning then chopped them up for this dish. Your choice as to what chicken to use in this recipe, it is truly delicious either way!
- 1 lb Chicken tenders, or chicken breast
- 2 TBL light olive oil, vegetable oil, or a combination of the two
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Approx. 15 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Approx 2/3 cup prepared basil pesto, or more to taste
- Approx. 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup dried basil, or 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped coarsely
- 2 – 3 cups Rotini pasta, cooked
- Cook rotini pasta according to package directions.
- Pat chicken tenders dry, season with salt, pepper & Italian seasoning.
- Season a pan with the oil. Heat to medium and add chicken. Saute chicken about 4-5 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on cutting board. Cut chicken into bite sized chunks.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the pasta, chicken, pesto, halved tomatoes and parmesan cheese together. Top with the basil.
Serve this dish with a tossed salad or a Caesar salad. As mentioned, you can use grilled chicken breasts. OR, a quick shortcut – buy cooked chopped chicken breasts! Tyson makes a frozen product, John Soules makes a fresh product that can be found in the meat department – not chopped but that part is easy :).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Chicken, pesto, Italian, quick, easy, pasta