Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Lucy’s Romaine Salad
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
Fresh ingredients and a delicious dressing! Easy to make and pairs with most any entree.
- 2 Tbl Italian Herbs OR 1 tsp each dried parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 head romaine lettuc (or 3 hearts of Romaine), cleaned and cut into large bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup chopped or sliced cucumber
- Approx 2/3 cup julienned carrots (can be bought already prepped)
- Approx 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved (or tomatoes of your choice, bite size)
- Approx 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives (or olives of your choice)
Approx 2/3 cup cubed or crumbled feta, add more to tasteMae
- Make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and emulsified.
- Make the salad: Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add about half the dressing and toss well. Add more dressing to taste. Do not overdress the salad!
- Test for seasoning, add salt & pepper if necessary.
Recipes always call for seeding things. I see no sense in seeding cucumbers or tomatoes, unless your guest or you cannot eat seeds. Why waste the time to remove what Mother Nature created?
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: toss
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: Salad, Romaine, Romaine salad, tossed salad
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.
I love your salad ideas! This one is no different. The dressing is fabulously balanced sweet and tart. Thank you for this recipe!