I have to admit, I’ve never been a great fan of meatloaf. But everyone else in my family loves it. My friends love it. My dog loves it. What chance did I have? Well, I finally found a meatloaf recipe that even I love! This recipe includes American Spoon’s Farmhouse Tomato relish, which really makes it tasty, moist and delicious. Really!
- 2 lbs ground beef (chuck is preferred)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbl minced garlic cloves
- 3 tbl ketchup
- 2 tbl dried parsley
- 3/4 cup panko
- 1/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste (approx 1 1/2 tsp each)
- 1 jar American Spoon Farmhouse Tomato relish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet or rectabngular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients above thoroughly in a large mixing bowl, however use only 1/2 jar of the tomato relish.
- Place the meatloaf mixture on the parchment paper and form into a loaf. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and pour the remainder of the tomato relish over the top of the meatloaf. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Thank you to my friend Lynne C for this idea! I prefer to create the meatloaf shape freeform rather than putting it in a loaf pan, so that the excess fat isn’t captured inside the meat. You can buy the tomato relish at www.spoon.com, or click on the link below.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: main course
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: meatloaf, American Spoon, tomato relish, farmhouse tomato relish, ground beef