Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
I LOVE Hearts of Palm. This salad is simple yet so delicioius, and especially so if you serve it with Heirloom Tomato bruschetta alongside! (See recipe at www.schnitzelgirl.dev.cc) It makes for an impressive plate. Schnitzel Girl is kind of proud of this little creation!
- Approx 6 cups red leaf lettuce, washed, dried and torn (you can substitute another mild tasting lettuce if you’d like but don’t use Iceberg)
- One can Hearts of Palm (approx 15 oz)
- 1 TBL canola or vegetable oil
- 1 TBL Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 TBL + 2 tsp lemon juice (fresh squeezed is best but the stuff in the little plastic lemon works well too)
- 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (I used the coarse grained mustard)
- salt, pepper & garlic powder (I used Michigan Made Miracle Blend in place of all three) to taste
- Optional: chopped red tomato to garnish (for a little color)
- Place the prepared lettuce in a large bow.
- Drain the hearts of palm, cut each heart lengthwise and then in thirds. Place in the bowl with the lettuce.
- In a medium bowl, add the oils, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder (start with 1 tsp each)
- Whisk the dressing until emulsified. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and the hearts of palm, toss and serve.
- ENJOY! Serve with Heirloom tomato crostini for a great presentation.
This is a recipe that benefits from using good ingredients. I love using Michigan Made Miracle Blend in lots of recipes, its very versatile. You can find it on Amazon.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: toss
- Cuisine: Salad
Keywords: salad, green salad, hearts of palm
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.