Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
I don’t know about you, but I managed to stockpile a LOT of ground beef during the CQ (Covid Quarantine). This recipe was born out of a need to use up some of that beef, as well as some other items in the refrigerator drawer. It turned out to be a winner! If you have a little leftover pasta or pizza sauce, you can throw it in the mix as well. If you don’t happen to have any chopped onion, don’t worry about it! Do refer to my notes under “Tips, Tricks and Ideas” for a tip on how to always have chopped onions on hand.
- 2 Tbl vegetable oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2–3 oz. pepperoni, chopped
- 1–1/2 cups chopped frozen spinach
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1–2 Tbl Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Ditalini or other small pasta shape
- Saute the onions in the vegetable oil until glassy
- Add the ground beef, and saute until cooked through.
- Add the frozen chopped spinach and saute until thawed.
- Add the Pepperoni and tomatoes and stir for about a minute, to release the juices.
- Add the Beef broth and Italian seasoning and bring the pot to a slow boil.
- Add the pasta and cook for about 10 minutes, until the pasta is done.
Leftovers may be stored in the frig for a few days, or in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soups & Stews
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Soup, stew, leftovers, pantry friendly, beef, ground beef, pepperoni, easy
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.