Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
This easy casserole is delicious. It is spicy but not too spicy, and adds a great southwest flavor to a Holiday meal table, or can be served alongside chicken, sausage or even tamales for a south of the border meal.
- 8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1 can whole green chiles, drained & rinsed
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4–6 oz grated Monterey jack cheese
- Grease a small (1 qt) casserole.
- In a medium bowl, blend the eggs and sour cream; set aside.
- Layer ingredients in the casserole in this order: sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 the chiles, mild cheddar cheese, the rest of the chiles. Pour the sour cream mixture over the layers.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes at 325 degrees. Top with the Monterey jack cheese during the last 10 minutes of baking time.
You can substitute cheeses if you have grated cheese on hand to use. Personally, I could eat this as is for my main course! You can also double this recipe easily.
- Category: casserole
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: Southwest
Keywords: casserole, vegetable, green chile, cheese, chile casserole, easy, side dish, vegetarian
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.