Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
So I found a package of beef tenderloin end pieces at the grocery store at a good price. I had heavy cream and some leftover gorgonzola cheese. The wheels were in motion, a new creation! Serve this delectable saucy dish with your favorite pasta. My choices with this are fettucine or any flat long noodle. This recipe doubles quite easily.
FOR TWO SERVINGs::
- 6–8 oz. Beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips against the gran
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick (8 tbl) butter
- salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- 6 oz Gorgonzola or Blue cheese, or more if you love it!
- 4–6 oz Pasta such as Fettucine or Pappardelle, or more to taste
- Cook the pasta per the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan. Sprinkle the beef tenderloin pieces with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder. Saute them in medium high heat for about a minute per side, no more than two minutes. Set the sautee’d beef aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream to the saute pan and heat – do not let it boil. Add the gorgonzola cheese, and stir over medium heat until the cheese has melted.
- Add the beef and associated juices back into the alfredo sauce.
- Place the pasta in a shallow soup bowl, dish the alfredo and beef sauce over it, and sprinkle with parsley if desired. ENJOY!
What else can I say! Have a spoon on hand to lick up all that delectable sauce!
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.