Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
This is another oldie but goody. Don’t let the long list of ingredients fool you, all you need is a can opener! It is easy and delicious, a wonderful simple meal for a cold night. The leftovers are wonderful too!
- 1 1/2 lb cubed chicken (can be found in the freezer section at your grocery)
- 1 – 15 oz can chopped or diced tomatoes
- 1 – 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion chopped (can be found in the produce section already chopped)
- 1 – 4 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 clove garlic, minced (can be found in a jar in the produce section)
- 2 cups water
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can corn (can use frozen)
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours.
- Optional: garnish with sour cream, Monterey jack cheese, and/or tortilla strips
We love this soul warming soup, and the ease with which it can be made. There is plenty of room for variations. Mexican style canned tomatoes, use all chicken broth instead of water, leave out the bay leaf it you don’t have any, etc.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hrs
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.