Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
In this weeks episode, we’ll be cooking something that sounds similar to Apfelkuchen, Zwetschgenknodel, Goulash or Krumpli. If this sounds good to you make sure to subscribe for the coming weeks recipes.
Dump Cake for Two (or Four!)
- Total Time: 45 minutes
My husband cannot live without dessert after dinner. There’s just the two of us, and I do not share his love for something sweet after dinner. So, its always a challenge to find something yummy that doesn’t serve 12 people and needs to take up space on the counter or in the frig for a week.
Here is an answer to that – voila! Dump cake for two or four! Sooo easy and super delicious! I opened a box of Duncan Hines Orange Supreme cake mix and measured. There are exactly two cups of cake mix in the box. So, take the ubiquitous recipe for dump cake and cut in 1/2, or even in 1/4! Keep the remaining cake mix in a pyrex container with a lid for the next dessert night.
- Boxed cake mix (Orange Supreme, Lemon, or flavor of your choice) – 1 cup for four servings, 1/2 cup for two servings
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed (for 4 servings), 3/4 to 1 cup for two servings
- Vegetable oil spray
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a small baking dish with vegetable oil spray (size of baking dish depends on size of dump cake you choose to make)
- Spread the thawed berries in the baking dish.
- Spread the cake mix evenly across the berries.
- Place slices of butter evenly across the surface of the cake mix.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until nicely browned on the top.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
This recipe allows for lots of creative freedom, as to the flavor of cake mix you use and the types of berries you use. If you prefer not to use frozen mixed berries, choose your favorite. Orange Supreme is my favorite cake mix for this recipe, but it can be hard to find, so experiment with other flavors.
I served this with some whipped cream topping, it would also be good with a little vanilla ice cream 🙂
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Desserts
- Method: bake
Keywords: easy, dump cake, dessert for two, cake, desserts
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.
Yay – a comment form! This looks just wonderful, Liz! I love that it’s so easy and not a super-sweet dessert (and that it can be served with whipped cream on top). Definitely bookmarking this one to try later and I shared it on Pinterest!