Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Not only is this easy, it is delicious. The sauce does not require any salt or pepper. Do get creative with the type of mushrooms you use, and feel free to use a variety of them, but skip the button mushrooms for this recipe (unless its all you have on hand of course!).
- 1 stick (salted) butter
- 8 oz mushrooms – Baby Bella, Shitake, Crimini, etc.
- Approx 1 cup heavy cream
- 6–8 Oz pasta – Fusilli, Oriechette, or other shape
- Approx 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chives, chopped coarsely, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms and saute on medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and a generous sprinkling of salt to a medium/large saucepot, bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package directions (one minute less if you like al dente). Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Once the mushrooms have started to brown a bit, add about 3/4 c of the heavy cream and allow it to cook down. If it seems like you need more sauce, add the rest of the cream. It will thicken a bit after a few minutes.
- Add parm cheese to the sauce to your taste, stir well.
- Place the pasta in bowls, spoon the mushroom sauce over, add more parm cheese if desired, and garnish with chives. Voila!
I used Baby Bellas and Fusilli pasta, as it was what I had on hand. I’m looking forward to making this again with a different combination of pasta and mushroom. Love this stuff!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: pasta
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Pasta, mushrooms, mushroom sauce, pasta sauce, quick and easy
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.
This looks fabulous! It’s 6:30 am and I’m starving now. Another wonderfully easy idea for lunch or dinner that is a must-try. Thank you so much for sharing all of these!