Fall is probably my favorite time of year. The temperatures change, the sweaters come out, and we start to think about Thanksgiving and Christmas menus….casseroles, soups and stews, to warm our tummies and our hearts.
This dish is so good, and yet so simple to make. So simple you can whip it up and serve it alongside anything for an easy weeknight dinner, but delicious enough to serve as a side on Thanksgiving day to accolades. Give it a try!
- 1 16 oz. can creamed corn
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbl vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
8 oz. grated Monterey Jack or mild cheddar cheese1
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add corn, Bisquick, egg, oil and milk. Stir until well blended.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into a greased 8 1/2 x 11 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the chiles and 1/2 the cheese over the batter.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of that.
- Sprinkle the remaining chiles and cheese over the batter.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American, Southern
Keywords: corn, casserole, side dish, corn casserole, quick and easy