These are sooo delicious, and yet so easy to make, thanks to the fact that all butter shortbread tartlet shells can be bought – I have found them at WalMart as well as on Amazon. They look like a gourmet goodie you’ve slaved over for hours, when in reality its been minutes (but I’m not telling!)
I used two American Spoon products for this heavenly dessert – their Askinosie chocolate bar, a dark chocolate/raspberry bar, and their red raspberry preserves. Both products can be purchased at Spoon.com. Please note that I am not being compensated by American Spoon in any way, I just love their product!
- 1 3 oz. bar Askinosie chocolate (or chocolate raspberry bar of your choice), chopped coarsely
- 1–4 oz. bar semi sweet baking chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 T butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (such as Delallo)
- 24 butter shortbread tartlet shells
- American Spoon red raspberry preserves, or raspberry preserves of your choice
- fresh raspberries (optional)
- powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- In a microwave safe medium bowl, heat the chopped chocolate bars, heavy cream and butter until melted and smooth. Heating on high for about two minutes should do it – stir the mixture until smooth and silky, and heat a bit longer if needed.
- Place the shortbread tart shells on a pan or in a shallow dish. Using a spoon or a piping bag if you have one, fill each tart shell with the chocolate raspberry espresso ganache. If using a spoon, use a teaspoon and scrape the bottom of the spoon on the side of the bowl to ensure that it doesn’t drip on the shells while filling.
- Chill the filled shells for at least two hours. Add a dollop of red raspberry preserves, then a fresh raspberry (optional). Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).
For me, the most difficult part of this recipe is curbing my desire to lick the bowl clean after assembling the tartlets. The chocolate filling is AWESOME. These little guys are a great component for dessert board…more on that soon, stay tuned! Products used are shown below:
http://<a target=”_blank” href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&tag=schnitzelgirl-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=9f1f60a7588605a9b24961d86aab86cd&camp=1789&creative=9325&index=grocery&keywords=tartlet shells”>Tartlet shells</a>
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: microwave
Keywords: dessert, tartlet, easy, chocolate, raspberry, party