This beauty is nice enough to serve company (just imagine, somebody we can stop social distancing!), yet easy enough to put together for a weeknight dinner. Try adding thin slices of red pepper to add additional color.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 chicken tenders
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves, chopped, OR approx 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed out
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional) OR 1 Tbl Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay sheet of puff pastry out on a piece of parchment paper (or sprinkle some flour on your work surface). Roll it out to about 2/3 thickness. Cut it in half crossway, to form two triangles.
- Place a chicken tender in the center of each triangle. Place half the spinach leaves on each chicken tender, then do the same with the Basil and the feta cheese.
- Fold the ends of the puff pastry triangle over the chicken, then roll this over the remaining corner of puff pastry, forming a packet. Seal the folds, using a little water or egg wash.
- Place the packets, seam side down, on a baking sheet and bake on middle rack of oven for approx 25 minutes.
- Allow the packets to sit for about five minutes before cutting in half and serving.