Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Chicken Tenders in Puff Pastry
This beauty is nice enough to serve company (just imagine, somebody we can stop social distancing!), yet easy enough to put together for a weeknight dinner. Try adding thin slices of red pepper to add additional color.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 chicken tenders
- A handful of fresh spinach leaves, chopped, OR approx 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed out
- 1 small bunch fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional) OR 1 Tbl Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay sheet of puff pastry out on a piece of parchment paper (or sprinkle some flour on your work surface). Roll it out to about 2/3 thickness. Cut it in half crossway, to form two triangles.
- Place a chicken tender in the center of each triangle. Place half the spinach leaves on each chicken tender, then do the same with the Basil and the feta cheese.
- Fold the ends of the puff pastry triangle over the chicken, then roll this over the remaining corner of puff pastry, forming a packet. Seal the folds, using a little water or egg wash.
- Place the packets, seam side down, on a baking sheet and bake on middle rack of oven for approx 25 minutes.
- Allow the packets to sit for about five minutes before cutting in half and serving.
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.
What a pretty chicken dish. It looks fun and scrumptious. I am always looking for new ways to serve chicken and thus is a great idea. Thank you!!
This sounds delicious and I love anything wrapped in a pastry crust. Looks like you don’t even have to cook the chicken first (which makes it so much easier to clean up). Thanks so much for another delicious-sounding recipe that is now on my list to try!