Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
I LOVE spinach and I LOVE cheese, so this recipe caught my eye! It was inspired by a very old recipe for Chicken Florentine using whole chicken breasts and fresh spinach. Using chicken tenders and frozen chopped spinach makes it easy to prepare a delicious meal on a weeknight. My taste tester definitely approved of this :). It is super easy to double this recipe for a larger group, and it would work well for a casual gathering.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 TB butter, melted
- 3 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp Michigan Made Miracle Blend, or 1/2 tsp Oregano and 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheaat oven to 400 degrees.
- Optional: spray vegetable cooking spray in bottom of square baking dish. Place chicken tenders in baking dish and set aside.
- Mix melted butter, cream cheese, spices and lemon juice with spinach in a bowl. Mix thoroughly!
- Spread spinach mixture over the chicken tenders.
- Spread the swiss cheese over the spinach mixture, then spread the parmesan cheese over the swiss cheese.
- Optional: shake a little paprika over the cheese for color.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy! Serve over rice (or pasta)
I am a big fan of the Michigan Made brand of spice mixes, but you can use a little oregano and a little garlic powder with good results as well. Serve with rice and a green salad, and don’t forget that bottle of Bordeaux!
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.