Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
After having made the traditional recipe for Artichoke squares a few times, I decided the flavor was a bit too briny, so I did a little altering and came up with this yummy recipe. It yields 26-30 small squares, depending on how many you eat before serving to your guests :). Use cupcake liners to serve them in, it makes life easier and fingers cleaner.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or more if desired)
- 4 cups shredded cheese – cheddar or a combination of cheddar and Monterey Jack
- 1 14-oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the garlic paste and blend.
- Add the quartered artichoke hearts to the egg mixture and stir in well.
- Add the panko, the Italian seasoning, the cheese and the water, stir in well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased, small rectangular baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, remove and let set for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
A great appetizer that takes a short time to make and disappears quickly!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: artichoke, appetizer, cheese, artichoke squares
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.