Once again, my favorite Taste Tester gives this recipe two thumbs up. He wanted to give it three thumbs up but he’s not all thumbs 🙂 . It is easy to make and is awesome comfort food! Add a salad and/or a crusty loaf of bread and don’t forget a nice bottle of wine….ooh la la!!
- 1 garlic clove, sliced (buy it sliced if you can!)
- Approx 1/4 cup olive oil (does not have to be EVOO)
- 1 (14-15 oz) can pureed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth (add up to another 1/2 cup if you feel its not soupy enough)
- 2 (14-15 oz) cans canellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz cubed ham (you can buy it already cubed)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- approx 1 cup chopped romaine or spinach
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese, to taste
- Brown the garlic in the olive oil in a heavy saucepan on low to medium low heat. I removed the slices of garlic when done, if you love garlic, leave them in there.Watch this step, the garlic will burn if you are not careful.
- Add tomato puree to pan. Stir in broth, beans, ham and pepper. Heat to bubbling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add the greens, stir until wilted.
- Add the shaved parmesan. Once the parmesan has melted in, you are GOOD TO GO. Enjoy!
I just love simple heart and soul warming recipes like this. I cannot wait to eat the leftovers! Let me know what you think after you try this!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: main course
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: comfort food, stews
Keywords: stew, white bean stew, ham and bean stew, comfort food, quick and easy