Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Another Mom classic – this was served on Holidays, and with Thanksgiving approaching, its time to post all those fun recipes that bring back memories. You have to be a fan of blue (or bleu) cheese for this one! Ritz crackers also bring back memories….
- 2 Tb butter
- 2 Tb flour
- 1 – 3 oz brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup Milk (whole or 2%)
- 2 – 10 oz. packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- Approx 12 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, add the flour and stir until flour is well blended.
- Add the cheeses and continue to stir until the mixture is well blended again.
- Add the milk, increase the heat to medium and stir constantly until mixture starts to bubble.
- Stir in the broccoli, then place the mixture in a casserole dish.
- Top with crushed Ritz crackers and bake for 30 mins.
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.