Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Frosting is easy, especially when you just buy it at the grocery store. BUT there’s nothing better than making your own frosting, especially since it is by no means brain surgery…you can then control how much sugar is used in the frosting, AND you can lick the bowl – best part without a doubt! I personally don’t mind making cupcakes from my favorite cake mix and then using this frosting recipe, adding food coloring and whatever other sprinkles or chips etc to set the festive mood of the day.
- 2 sticks butter softened (1 cup
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less according to your taste)
- 1 Tbl vanilla extract
- 4 Tbl whole milk (you may use half and half or heavy cream if desired)
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until incorporated into the butter.
- Add the vanilla and the milk or cream, continue to mix at medium speed until desired consistency is reached. Add food coloring if desired and mix until the color is consistent.
- Use a piping bag or put frosting in a quart size baggie, cut the corner off, and pipe frosting on to the cupcakes to your heart’s desire!
- Category: dessert
- Method: mix
Keywords: frosting, cupcakes, cake frosting
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.