Get Your Schnitzelgirl Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
Best Frosting for Cupcakes EVER
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 cupcakes 1x
Frosting is easy, especially when you just buy it at the grocery store. BUT there’s nothing better than making your own frosting, especially since it is by no means brain surgery…you can then control how much sugar is used in the frosting, AND you can lick the bowl – best part without a doubt! I personally don’t mind making cupcakes from my favorite cake mix and then using this frosting recipe, adding food coloring and whatever other sprinkles or chips etc to set the festive mood of the day.
- 2 sticks butter softened (1 cup
- 2 cups powdered sugar (more or less according to your taste)
- 1 Tbl vanilla extract
- 4 Tbl whole milk (you may use half and half or heavy cream if desired)
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until incorporated into the butter.
- Add the vanilla and the milk or cream, continue to mix at medium speed until desired consistency is reached. Add food coloring if desired and mix until the color is consistent.
- Use a piping bag or put frosting in a quart size baggie, cut the corner off, and pipe frosting on to the cupcakes to your heart’s desire!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: dessert
- Method: mix
Keywords: frosting, cupcakes, cake frosting
Hi Liz! Just found out about your wonderful Schnitzelgirl company- sooo exciting!!!
Sure do miss seeing you & John…please give yourselves a big hug for me. Are you coming to the VTR Regionals this year? Dusty & I will definitely be there (especially since TTR is the host), so I hope we get to visit with you both!
Sending lots of hugs, Louise
Hi Louise! Sorry for the slow reply, I haven’t had enough time to spend on my Schnitzelgirl blog! We will be at Regionals and hope very much to see you there, we miss you as well!