Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
What a great thing to do with those ripe bananas that are sitting on your counter staring at you! The sour cream in this recipe really makes these bites moist and tasty. I’ve subjected several friends and relatives to the taste testing portion of my research, and they all love it and want the recipe. Yay!
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 5 Tbl sour cream
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cupes all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease mini muffin pans (recipe will yield enough to fill three pans – see note below)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts if using.
- Drop by spoonfuls into prepared mini muffin pans.
- Bake for 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I was short on time so only made one mini muffin tin and put the rest of the mixture in the frig, covered. I made two more muffin tins of these little jewels the next day. Delish!
I used flour baking spray to grease the mini muffin tins. I sprayed a little bit into each well and then spread it up the sides. It worked perfectly!
You can add blueberries to the dough if you’d like.
- Category: breakfast, snacks
- Method: bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: muffins, bananas, mini muffins, banana muffins, banana bites
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.