A heavenly, boozy dessert, this is SO delicious and SO easy! A great compote to keep in the frig for last minute Holiday desserts. In Germany, this delicious fruit dessert develops throughout the summer and fall, as fruits are harvested, cut into chunks and placed in a jar or vessel with sugar and a good amount of brandy. Here’s an easy version, using American Spoon products – you can vary the ingredients as you wish, for example their Stone Fruit Compote or any of the other compotes.
- 1/2 cup American Spoon (Fruit Perfect) Sour Cherries
- 1/2 cup American Spoon Triple Berry Conserve
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- ice cream or pound cake (or both)
- Mix the cherries and the Conserve in a bowl or jar that has a lid. Stir the brandy in thoroughly.
- Cover and let the mixture meld for a minimum of one hour, up to 24 hours.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream and a mint leaf garnish, or over pound cake.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stir
Keywords: rumtopf, American Spoon, conserve, dessert, fruit dessert, brandy