Oh my my my….this is too pretty to eat (NOT!) Find a board or trivet to use as your base that matches the size of the folks you are feeding. I used a largish wooden charcuterie board for the one pictured. You most certainly can use whatever cookies you’d like, just don’t forget to add some cheese for the sweet and savory experience.
- One dozen Under the Bed Cookies https://schnitzelgirl.com/under-the-bed-cookies/
- One dozen chocolate raspberry tartlets https://schnitzelgirl.com/chocolate-espresso-raspberry-tartlets/
- One log plain Goat cheese
- Lemon Honey (American Spoon makes the BEST)
- Mozarella ball “pearls” (small balls of mozzarella)
- Fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Frill picks (or toothpicks)
- Balsamic glaze (in the squeeze bottle)
- Crackers of your choice (I love the organic Naan crackers at Trader Joe’s)
- Holiday greenery and small decor to garnish board with
- Arrange cookies on opposite sides of the board or trivet.
- Place the goat cheese log somewhere toward the middle. Split the log halfway through. Pour some lemon honey in the crevice.
- Make about a dozen mozzarella/fruit skewers – one blueberry, a mozzarella pearl, and one raspberry skewered on a frill pick or toothpick
- Arrange the mozzarella skewers in a circle near the goat cheese. Fill the center with additional berries. Garnish it all with balsamic glaze.
- Place the crackers on the board if possible, if not, place the crackers in an attractive bowl or basket to set next to the board.
- Fill any gaps with greenery, small balls, or similar to garnish.
- Add a cheese knife and a serving spoon, put some Holiday music on, and enjoy!
This was soo much fun to make, and even more fun to eat! You can vary the sweet and savory in any way you wish. The lemon honey is to die for by the way!