Get Your Schnitzel Girl Weekly Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox!
We’re always cooking something good, whether its Old World, New World, or out of this World! Please subscribe and don’t miss a single recipe!
While bumming around in Tucson AZ, I stopped at the local Whole Foods Market. At the deli counter, there were little clear boxes in a stack labeled “prosciutto crisps.” Ah, prosciutto, but crisped! I’m pretty quick like that. :). I bought one, opened the little box, and could have devoured the entire contents right there. But no, I do have some shreds of self discipline. So, I whipped up some scrambled eggs, and topped them with the delectable crumbled crisps. YUM! These gems are good by themselves, but also good on eggs, pizza, in sandwiches – pretty much anywhere you might consider bacon but sooo much better! And easy to do yourself!
How’s this for easy –
- 6 – 12 slices of Prosciutto
- Parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Oven (yes, you have to have an oven to prepare this LOL)
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay parchment paper on the sheet.
- Place prosciutto slices on the parchment – don’t let them touch.
- Place pan in preheated oven and set the timer for 13 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the crisps cool for a couple of minutes.
- Do not eat every single crisp you just made. OR, Eat every single crisp you just made. Repeat.
I’ve always loved cooking, and spent many years working on the food & beverage side of the hospitality industry, which served to increase my interest in food, wine and entertaining.